|Oral Roberts (6-3)|
at UALR (3-7)
7 p.m. tonight
Vegas says: ORU by 8
BURN THE HORSEUALR hosts Oral Roberts tonight in the Trojans’ final home game until Jan. 7. Here’s the Burn The Horse Keys to Victory:
1. Rebound. It gets a separate category from turnovers this game because Oral Roberts is a really good rebounding team. The Golden Eagles outrebound their opponents by 6 per game. And it makes up for other inadequacies they might have. UALR has to fight ORU to a stalemate here.
2. Someone else. We’ve seen some good starts from sophomore Will Neighbour in recent games. But his teammates haven’t been able to pick up the scoring once opponents make adjustments. It was much better in the second half against Missouri State, but UALR has to get going sooner.
3. Reserve clause. UALR has been able to get off to a good start, but the second teamers haven’t kept it going. UALR needs some big minutes from freshman Michael Javes on the inside -- not necessarily scoring, but in shot blocking, shot altering and rebounding.
The line’s already moving this morning. It was Oral Roberts by 7.5 and now is ORU by 8 points. Again, UALR has not been a Las Vegas favorite in any game this season.
- CBS Sports line (7-2): ORU 69, UALR 63
- Jeff Sagarin (6-3): ORU 74, UALR 72
- The Sports Network (6-3): Not in yet
- Real Time RPI (5-4): ORU 70, UALR 68
- Combo: ORU 71, UALR 68