Added strength, defensive mindset figures to get Billings on court for UALR

Sophomore Stetson Billings saw action in 31 of 32 games as a freshman in 2012-13, averaging 6.5 minutes per contest. Billings views his freshman season as a learning experience, giving him a chance to observe the habits of older, more experienced players, which he applied to his summer workouts.

“I got a chance to learn a lot,” said Billings of his freshman season at UALR. “I didn’t play a lot but I took advantage of that. I took notes from the older guys to see what I needed to improve on to get more playing time. But overall, it was an exciting experience, my first year around, and I got to learn a lot, and I’m thankful for that.”

Assistant coach Joe Kleine spoke on Billings’ attitude and work ethic through his first year at UALR, which continues to stand out.

“Stetson is an everyday guy,” said Kleine. “He brings energy every day. You never have to question where his mind is. When he’s practicing, he’s here, he’s into it and he’s getting after it.”

READ MORE AT THE UALR ATHLETICS WEB SITE