BURN THE HORSESome notes leading up to today's games at the Jack Stephens Center.
1. There are definitely still tickets available. I saw a report last night on one of the TV stations that made it seem like they weren't. The Stephens Center box office opens at 3:20 p.m. today. You can purchase tickets then ($25 for today's session) or pick up tickets previously purchased through UALR. Get there early. With a big crowd, parking figures to be a mess. And speaking of parking, your 2011-2012 UALR parking pass gets you in the lot.
2. The Stephens Center opens to the public at 3:20 p.m. today. UALR takes on Delaware in the first game at 4:20 p.m. We're hearing this game will get plenty of airtime during ESPN2's Whip-around coverage. Holly Rowe and Fran Frischilla are the commentators. The second game will start 30 minutes after the UALR-Delaware game. Expect Kansas-Nebraska to tip around 7 p.m. Stick around. It makes Little Rock look good.
3. You'll notice a lot of differences at the Stephens Center today. The floor seats are all gone and have been replaced by media seating. The bands will be seated on the floor on the ends of the arena. It's also great to have our friend Jeff Matthews (B98.5) back as the PA announcer this week.
4. This is an NCAA event. So there won't be the traditional music and player introductions before the start of the game today. Everything must be done the way the NCAA wants it.
5. And while the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette won't be represented on press row today, plenty of others are. Be sure to check out the free coverage from Arkansas Sports 360. And the out of town media is also present. There's plenty of great coverage today in: