BURN THE HORSE
|UALR (3-8) at|
La. Tech (5-5)
7 p.m. tonight
1. Free money. There’s probably no way around it this game. UALR has to go to the free throw line more than Louisiana Tech tonight. The Bulldogs go to the line an average of 17 times per game. But their opponents go an average of 26.8 times per game. Opponents are turning that into an 18-11 advantage. That could be the difference between a W and a L.
2. Rebounds. Louisiana Tech has good size and is a good rebounding team. The Bulldogs are outrebounding their opponents by 1.5 each game this season. When UALR has rebounded well (first half of ORU game) they’ve looked great. When they haven’t (second half of ORU game), they don’t look nearly as effective. UALR has to fight this at least to a stalemate.
3. Someone else. We’ve been saying it for games, but D’Andre Williams and Will Neighbour have got to have some scoring help. That takes the pressure off both to force things to happen.
4. Bite back: UALR has shown some first-half teeth in recent games. The young Trojans need to bite back when opponents start to rally.
Louisiana Tech by 4 points. UALR has still not been the Las Vegas favorite in any game this season. And they may not be for quite a while.
- CBS Sports line (8-2): Louisiana Tech 73, UALR 66
- Jeff Sagarin (7-3): Louisiana Tech 72, UALR 66
- The Sports Network (7-3): Louisiana Tech 68, UALR 62
- Real Time RPI (6-4): Louisiana Tech 78, UALR 67
- Combo: Louisiana Tech 73, UALR 65