UALR Coach Joe Foley gets 10-year contract

BURN THE HORSE
   UALR women's basketball Coach Joe Foley has been given a 10-year contract, the school announced on Monday.
   "I am extremely happy that we could put this contract together for Joe and his family," UALR Athletic Director Chris Peterson said. "My goal is that during my tenure we never have to hire another women's basketball coach. With the Chancellor's endorsement and the assistance of private support, we were able to put this package together. The prestige and national prominence that Joe has brought to UALR, central Arkansas and the women's basketball program is greatly appreciated by the alumni and friends of the university."

  UALR has had five consecutive 20-victory seasons, played in two consecutive NCAA Women's Tournaments and won its first Sun Belt Championship in 2011.
   "This contract gives me an opportunity that a lot of coaches normally do not have and that is to finish my career at the university of my choice," Foley said. "I think it is a very good deal for myself and my family, because it gives m the opportunity to spend probably my last 10 years of coaching at this university. That is what I came here for."
   Terms of the contract were not announced.