UALR's postgame quotes from Wichita

BURN THE HORSE
UALR Women’s Basketball NCAA Tournament Post-Game Quotes
Round 1 – March 20, 2011 – Wichita, Kan.

Postgame Press Conference Quotes

Student-Athlete: Chastity Reed

On a tough loss and her career coming to an end…
“I’m disappointed of course. It’s not so much I’m mad that we, lost of course I hate losing more than anything, but I’m really just going to miss this team.”

On Green Bay’s momentum shift…
“We wanted to try to stop it no matter what. Whatever we could do, try something. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t.”

Disappointment of not making it past the first round…
“I just felt like I let my team down. And my coach.”

How you represented your team today…
“I think we represent the university every time we step out the door.  I think we did well today representing Arkansas Little Rock.”

Student-Athlete: Asriel Rolfe
On playing her final game with her teammates…
“We won’t ever play together again. I wasn’t thinking about that during the game, but it definitely hits you afterwards.”

On Green Bay’s run…
“We had to try to stop that run they were on and counteract that.”

On her team’s effort
“We didn’t get the win, but we played hard the whole game.”

Head Coach Joe Foley
On the game…
“I thought it was a great ball game by both teams.  I thought both teams played hard. I thought both teams got a little tired in the end because they played so hard.  Their zone hurt us the first half.  I hated that we had to play each other right off the bat.  I think both of us are top quality teams.”

On the rise of the Sun Belt Conference…
“I think it was huge for the Sun Belt.  We’re starting to get two, three, and four teams in postseason play.  It shows the strength of our schools and what we’ve done.  It’s definitely a huge step.”

On losing his seniors…
“You coach these kids for four years. You see them grow into great players.  You feel so good about the way their careers went.  Four postseason tournaments. It’s time to move on and start with a new bunch.  They’ll be ready for the challenge.”

On Chastity Reed…
“I haven’t coached a competitor like that in 30 years of coaching. She’s going to beat you. That kid wants to win and she doesn’t like to lose.”


Locker Room Quotes…

Student-Athlete: Janette Merriex
Regarding Green Bay’s zone defense…
“It didn’t catch us off guard. We just had to execute it better. We already knew to expect that they would change the defenses up.”

On looking ahead to next year…   
“We all have just got to play hard. That’s all that is.”

Student-Athlete: Marian Kursh
On her early foul trouble…
“It’s really disappointing. I should have been smarter. I should have known that they were going to double team me and go at me.”