BURN THE HORSEIf you had listened to the Steve Shields/Joe Foley Radio show last night on KARN, you would have learned that:
- Freshman guard Chuck Guy's minutes were limited on Saturday due to injury. Guy was much better at practice on Monday.
- Coach Steve Shields believes the re-emergence of junior Marlon Louzeiro is a product of two things. First, the work he put in last year with John Barron, losing almost 40 pounds. Second, his attitude when he was not getting any minutes a few weeks ago. Louzeiro didn't pout. Instead he took advantage of the opportunity when it came.
- Coach Joe Foley was impressed with the way his team handled the adversity of playing without Chasity Reed and Janette Merriex for much of Sunday's game due to foul trouble.
- Foley thought Sunday's game was the best of the career of freshman Taylor Ford.
- Foley said Shanika Butler absolutely took over the game with 10 minutes remaining.