If UALR needed a football coach ...

Obviously, UALR has no need for a football coach. But what if it did. Here's a little insight into who might be running that show. It's from an article on Jim Leavitt, who has been out of coaching since South Florida let him go:
He has been mentioned as a potential candidate at Miami, whose athletic director, Kirby Hocutt, played for Leavitt while he was an assistant at Kansas State in the early 1990s. Chris Peterson, the AD at Arkansas-Little Rock, was an athletic department official at Kansas State while Leavitt was there and said he has gotten calls from schools looking into hiring him.
"As I told them, if I needed a football coach, I would hire Jim Leavitt yesterday," said Peterson, whose school does not field a football team. "I can't say enough good things about Jim Leavitt; his passion for the game, his care and concern about the student-athlete.
"In my chair, you're dealing with people's most prized possession, their children. The Jim Leavitt I know loves his players, has an enormous amount of confidence. And there's nobody that's going to outwork him. I'm hopeful that as the dust settles, Jim will be back on the sidelines. He deserves to be."
Read the whole story here.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/what-are-jim-leavitts-chances-of-returning-as-a-college-football-coach/1139297